How does acupuncture work?
Here are just SOME of the awesome ways that Acupuncture triggers the body to heal itself naturally:
– Insertion at Acupoints causes elevated levels of Nitric Oxide in the skin, releasing pain-killing endorphins that are 10-200x more potent than morphine!
– Gentle twirling of the needles causes a reaction that stimulates cells to produce an anti-inflammatory chemical called Adenosine.
– Acu relaxes tight muscles, taking pressure off of joints and nerves, alleviating pain. Highly effective for repetitive sports injuries and relieving stress/relaxation.
– Affects the portion of the brain controlling Serotonin production which is a chemical involved with regulating mood.
– It stimulates the release of a hormone, Oxytocin, regulating the Parasympathetic Nervous System, greatly reducing stress.
– Homeostasis is strongly affected by regulating basic functions like sleep, mood, body temp, appetite, etc.
– Activates cytokines, reducing inflammation.
– Stimulates the production of stem cells, which promote tissue repair and relieve pain.
Does acupuncture hurt?
What will my first treatment be like?
Smooth. After filling out the intake forms, we begin diagnosis. Together, we will come up with a treatment plan using a combination of Chinese and Western Medicines, functional muscle testing, and ElectroAcu to restore any dysfunction. The treatment itself is quite relaxing – a great night’s sleep is a common side-effect! Using sterile, single use needles (the width of a human hair) the body will react in a positive, healing way. After 20-30 mins the needles are removed. Although rare, sometimes you may feel light headed after a treatment. In this situation a drink of water and/or a piece of fruit can be very helpful.
How many treatments will I need?
Discover The Future
Athletes and individuals of varying disciplines have enjoyed the benefits of our services for ages. Experience it for yourself today.